Weava Product Updates
Product Update: Referral and Coupon Code Fixes — Web App 1.50.6-1.50.7
We are currently working on numerous large API-related and other backend projects, as we outlined in weava.upvoty.com/b/feature-requests/brief-note-from-weava-team-on-current-progress-focus and therefore there will be some time until we implement our next front-end design and feature improvements.
In this process, as we were breaking up some of our monolithic code into proper microservice structures, some users may have encountered that some of our general pages on our website (www.weavatools.com) were down. That is now taken care of because our website is now properly split from the rest of our code and now is a proper stand-alone website. It is not nearly in a pristine condition that we aspire for it to be – but at least now it functions properly and can be properly maintained by our marketing team. This will, among others, also ensure that we are publishing a lot more articles and information on the website in the time ahead.
- Fixed bugs with our referral code – which gave users Weava Premium for free for up to 76 years (we sure hope they still use Weava in 2096!). While we’re always keen to help as many as possible and give some of our advocates a special referral code that they can share with their followers etc., 76 years was a bit excessive from the 1-6 month referral codes that we intend to share.
- Fixed various other smaller bugs.
Product Update: Coupon Code Hotfix & Web App Improvements — Web App 1.50.3-1.50.5
- Allowing special URI characters in local PDFs. For many, it has been a pain point to have their PDFs break because of special URI characters & we have understood their frustration. We have therefore now implemented the fix for this. Use as many ampersands (&) and other signs you want!
- Edit source functionality. Another pain point that many of our users have experienced is the inability to properly update the local PDF file path or update the URL of an online PDF — not anymore (see request: https://weava.upvoty.com/b/fea…). You can learn more about it here: https://weavatools.atlassian.n…
- Launching 200K user promotion email. We want to do our part in supporting digital learning in these challenging COVID-19 times and have therefore decided to offer Weava for 1 USD per month.
- Due to the reported difficulty among users to find and insert the coupon code for Weava Premium at 1 USD per month as an annual package, we deployed some hotfixes to give our users an easier and more intuitive experience. Now, the coupon code field is visible by default.
- We also fixed some various other smaller design issues.
- Fixed a bug that caused the coupon code to not work when using Google translate. ¿Qué?
- Fixed a bug that caused the user, if inserting the coupon code and then quickly clicking “proceed” to not have the new price discount price reflected in their actual payment. Instead, users are now unable to proceed until the coupon code validation has been fully processed.
- Fixed a bug related to moving local PDF folder.
- Fixed various design bugs.
- Fixed unsubscribe email link not working 100%.
Product Update: Bug Fixes & “Invisible Improvements” — Web App 1.50.1
We’ve undertaken a lot of back-end improvements, addressing legacy code, fixing inefficiencies and a lot more, including also migrating our web application to Angular 8.
- User subscription coupon implementation. Created the ability for user subscription coupons to be used upon payment of Weava premium. Just click “Do you have a coupon code?” on the payment page and insert the coupon code.
- Introducing user storage computation. Internal use first, soon to be public.
- Email unsubscribe feature & omit unnecessary emails. Users have the proper option to opt-out from emails via unsubscribe link. Premium users will no longer receive “upgrade” emails.
- Deleting a collaborative folder now gives a warning. “You are about to delete a shared folder. Are you sure?”
- Created a FAQ knowledge base & new connected service desk.
- Release number is now visible in the Weava dashboard menu.
- Users now receive a warning before cancelling a premium subscription.
- Created a feature request portal (this one here at https://weava.upvoty.com).
- Fixed a bug that caused the payment page to render incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug causing local PDFs to be moved to a different folder to not show highlights anymore.
- Improved navigation across various Weava dashboard pages.
- Fixed a bug that enabled non-premium users to customize colors.
- Fixed design bugs on the payment page.
- Fixed cyan highlight color from the Chrome extension turning purple in the Weava web app dashboard.
- Fixes to 3rd party authentication.
- Fixed iFrame issue on the Weava dashboard not rendering websites properly.
- The extension toolbar (i.e., on the Weava sidebar) now is arranged the same order as the toolbar on the Weava dashboard.
- Decline a folder invitation now has a proper decline button as opposed to ellipses.
- Fixed a “forever loading” issue and introduced buttons to help clear cache and properly re-load the Chrome extension if loading issue were to occur.